Saturday, January 26, 2008

This One Should Be In The Bag

This is a chart of the responses to one of the exit/entrance poll questions asked at each primary/caucus. The question is "what is the most important issue?" I don't have the exact wording of the question, but all of the data was taken from the CNN election site. (Click on image to see full-size.)



In every state, with the exception of Iowa's Republicans, the main issue has been the economy. The Iraq war has been pushed down to second or even third place (except for the Iowa Democrats.) Typically, this would mean one thing: A Democrat in the White House in January of 2009. All they have to do is ask the right question, namely "are you better off financially after 8 years of a Republican president than you were after 8 years of a Democratic president?"

For the vast majority of Americans, the answer to that question is "no."

After 7+ years of Bushonomics, the election almost wins itself for the Democrats. Even Bush's bribe, I mean "stimulus package," shouldn't be enough to save his party. However, having observed the Democratic party screw up one thing after another over the past 8 years, coupled with the "voting irregularities" that always seem to benefit the Republicans, the coming election is anything but decided.

Which is unfortunate, because if we get stuck with another puppet whose strings are pulled by an America-hating ideologue like Cheney, then this country is truly up shit creek. It's going to take a long time to undo all of the damage that the Bush regime has done, and we need to start on January 20, 2009. I only hope that the Democrats can figure out how to effectively use the one issue that should guarantee them (and us) a victory in November.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Boy Mike I cam to your blog not expecting a new post!! I have been getting a tongue lashing from some guy over on my hill bill post.....needless to say I am too tired to get into it......however the debate is on. Who is better on economic issues donks or phants...this debate is going to get ugly and this really is not the biggest issue for me so unfortunately I don't really educate myself too much in this area. My big concern is still terrorism and foriegn policy, so it looks like I am alone or at least in the minority...great post. Nik :)